Here are some tips on how to improve the performance of your WordPress blog:
- Reduce the number of posts on the front page of your blog
- Install anti-spam plugins in order to prevent spam-bot from creating load on the server.
- Optimize your WordPress database. You can do this using a plugin like this one or directly through the PhpMyAdmintool in your cPanel.
- Install a caching plugin such as WP-Cache or WP Super Cache.
- Decrease the number of external and internal links on your pages. Leave only the most important ones.