• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Increase Website And Blog Traffic:latest article for Increasing Blog and website Traffic free gide.....
  • Create and Upload Site Map to Google:Google is fist largest Search Engine by upploading SITE MAP Google Easily Search Links from Ur site in Searching.......
  • Fix WEB SITE Errors:Google and other search engines always take those site in there fist page in searching which ha too less web Errors...
  • Top 20 Search Engine:Submit Ur site to top 20 Search Engines to Increasing Ur Site Traffic and making money top search engines like as Google, Yahoo, Ask, AOl, MSN...
  • Top Social Sites:Top 100 Social sites which real help U make a Affliate Marketer and in Pormoting ur Producdts...

New Posts

Simple Recent Posts Widget for Blogger/Blogspot

Posted by Mohsin On 4/28/2012 04:42:00 AM 13 comments

The main advantage on this Recent Posts widget is that it will show not only post titles but also post excerpts or snippets and it's easy to customize/ apply different style on it. To style it into your own design, you just have to modify the CSS style - you can change the link or background color, the size and color of text/links.

What you can do with this widget:

  • display post titles only
  • change the number of posts
  • change the number of characters of the post snippet/excerpt
  • show the post dates

See the screenshot below:

How to add Recent Posts Widget to Blogger

Step 1. Log in to your Blogger Dashboard, then go to Layout and click on Add a Gadget link


Step 2. From the pop-up window, scroll down and choose HTML/JavaScript


Step 3. Select & Copy the code from one of the options below and paste it into the new HTML/JavaScript:

Option 1: Recent posts widget with snippets

<div id="hlrpsa">
<script src="http://helplogger.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/recent-posts-with-snippets.js">
</script>
<script>
var numposts = 5;var showpostdate = false;var showpostsummary = true;var numchars = 100;var standardstyling = true;
</script>
<script src="http://your-blog.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?orderby=published&amp;alt=json-in-script&amp;callback=showrecentposts">
</script></div>
<div id="rpdr" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 9px;">
<a href="http://helplogger.blogspot.com/2012/04/recent-posts-widget-for-bloggerblogspot.html" target="_blank" title="Grab this Recent Posts Widget">Recent Posts Widget</a> by <a href="http://helplogger.blogspot.com" title="Recent Posts Widget">Helplogger</a></div>
<noscript>Your browser does not support JavaScript!</noscript>
<style type="text/css">
#hlrpsa a {color: #0B3861; font-size: 13px;} #rpdr {background: url(http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WM-QlPmHc6Y/T5wJV58qj9I/AAAAAAAACAk/1kULxdNyEyg/s1600/blogger.png) 0px 0px no-repeat; padding: 1px 0px 0px 19px; height:14px; margin: 5px 0px 0px 0px;line-height:14px;}
#rpdr, #rpdr a {color:#808080;}
#hlrpsa { color: #999999; font-size: 11px; border-bottom:1px #cccccc dotted; margin-top:-10px; padding-bottom:10px;}
.hlrps a {font-weight:bold; }
.hlrpssumm {}
</style>

Option 2: Recent Posts Widget Showing Post Titles Only

<div id="hlrpsb">
<script style="text/javascript" src="http://helplogger.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/recent-posts-with-titles-only.js"></script>
<script style="text/javascript">var numposts = 10;var showpostdate = false;var showpostsummary = false;var numchars = 100;var standardstyling = true;</script>
<script src="http://your-blog.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?orderby=published&alt=json-in-script&callback=showrecentposts"></script></div>
<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 9px;" id="rpdr"><a href="http://helplogger.blogspot.com/2012/04/recent-posts-widget-for-bloggerblogspot.html" title="Grab this Recent Posts Widget" target="_blank">Recent Posts Widget</a> by <a href="http://helplogger.blogspot.com" title="Recent Posts Widget">Helplogger</a></div><noscript>Oops! Make sure JavaScript is enabled in your browser.</noscript>
<style type=text/css>
#hlrpsb a {color: #0B3861; font-size: 13px;} #rpdr {background: url( http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WM-QlPmHc6Y/T5wJV58qj9I/AAAAAAAACAk/1kULxdNyEyg/s1600/blogger.png ) 0px 0px no-repeat; padding: 1px 0px 0px 19px; height:14px; margin: 5px 0px 0px 0px;line-height:14px;}
#rpdr, #rpdr a {color:#808080;}
.bbrecpost2 {
padding-top:6px;
padding-bottom:6px;
border-bottom: 1px #cccccc dotted; }
</style>

Step 4.
  • Change 5 (option 1) and 10 (option 2) with the number of posts you want to display. 
  • Change false to true if you want the posts dates to appear 
  • Change 100 (option 1) if you want more characters to be displayed.
  • To change the color and font size of the links, modify the values in blue (links) and violet (font-size)
  • To change the style of posts summary, modify the values in green (color) and orange (font size)
  • Replace the your-blog text with the name of your blog or if you have a custom domain change all the bolded line with your address like in this example:
http://www.your-site.com/feeds/posts/default....

Step 5. Save your widget. And that's it! Enjoy!

13 comments:

Make this whole process part of the photographer's grade.
The local Palomar College in San Marcos offers some of the best
adult workshops I have ever experienced, at a fairly low cost.
Students will pick an issue within their community.


my web page; photography colleges in india

View other Seattle Free Stuff articles or visit Cindy's blog at for frugal tips,
free stuff and advice on saving money. Take photos from the top of a hill, or off the side of a
yacht. Most online classes also real live instructors that
you can contact to answer your questions and clarify anything that you don.

Also visit my website photography courses usa

I have been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this sort of space .
Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this website.
Studying this info So i'm happy to exhibit that I've a
very just right uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed.
I such a lot indisputably will make sure to don?t disregard this website and give it a look on a
constant basis.

Here is my website; vimax slimming patches uk

Hi! Thhis is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a
community in the same niche. Your blog provided us
useful invormation to work on. You have done a wonderful job!


my homepage :: bleach and house mold treatment

This site definitеly Һas all of the information and faсts I
needed about this subject and didn't know who to ask.


Also visit my web site bathroom mold mold remоval paint;
,

Hi would you mind stating which blog platform you're using?
I'm looking to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a tough time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique.
P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

My website :: Las Vegas Washer Repair

What's up, its pleasant piece of writing concerning
media print, wee all be aware of meedia is a impressive source of data.


Also visit my homepage - web page

Do you have a spam problem on this site; I also am a blogger,
and I was wondering your situation; many of us have
developed some nice methods and we are looking to swap solutions with other folks, be sure to shoot me an e-mail if interested.


my site ... small house remodeling designs

Awesome blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?
I'm hoping to start my owwn website soon but I'm a little lost
on everything. Would yyou suggest starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go ffor a
paid option? There are so many options out there that I'm totally confused ..

Any tips? Thanks!

my blog post ... black homemade mold cleaning solutions

Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is important and all.
But think of if you added some great visuals or videos to give your posts more, "pop"!
Your content is excellent but with pics and clips, this website could
certainly be one of the greatest in its niche. Very good blog!


Also visit my weblog :: search engine optimization

Thanks for another great article. The place else may just anyone get that type of info in such an ideal manner of writing?
I've a presentation next week, and I'm at the look for
such info.

Feel free to visit my website; making money

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting
my own weblog and was wondering what all is required to get setup?

I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
I'm not very web savvy so I'm not 100% certain. Any recommendations or advice would be
greatly appreciated. Kudos

my web-site; blog to make money

This ρaragraph is in fact a nice one it hеlps new іnteгnet uѕers, who are wishing
for blogǥіng.

my site commercial dehumidifiers home insurance coverage for water damage

Post a Comment

All types of Comments are welcome